Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Please give a warm welcome to...


Michael David Cornelius Walsh
Born August 25, 2009
to Manus, Malinda, and Katie Walsh
at 3:39 pm in Kilkenny, Ireland
weighing 7 lb 6 oz
...perfect.
Promptly snuggled by a glowing Daddy.
And loved on by Big Sister Katie.
Dear Michael,
I'm your Auntie Leslie.  I live very far away in Phoenix, where we will tell your Daddy that it is always sunny and cool and never too hot so we can convince him to move here.  You are in Ireland, which feels like it is worlds away to me when all I want to do is snuggle you up and kiss your face and hug your mommy and tell her what an amazing woman she is. 
You are a very lucky little guy.  You have been born into a family that is loving and kind and funny and adventurous.  You have a big sister named Katie- I'm sure you remember hearing her when you were in your mommy's tummy.  She is beautiful and although it's been a while since I have seen her, I am sure that she is a hoot just like your parents and will take good care of you.  Now, you should expect that things might be a little rough in your relationship at times- that's just how it is with brothers and sisters.  And she might not like you very much for a little while since you staged a coup and she is no longer the baby of the family.  But she will get over it eventually when she realizes that you idolize her.
Please be nice to your mom.  Let her sleep a little here and there.  Be kind to your food source, handle with care if at all possible.
I can't wait to meet you little man.  You are a precious gift, even so far away.  Lots of long distance hugs and kisses and a little nap snuggling on the couch with your nutty Aunt Leslie.
I love you.

2 comments:

  1. And I thought I would make it through one day without tears.
    Thank you.
    We are hovering somewhere over survival right now. But don't tell anyone... Im going to convince everyone that this is breezy!
    I love you. Will talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete