Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Recap...

Yes, I know I am a slacker. Yes, I know I haven't posted anything new since the beginning of November. So sue me. What follows will be a picture filled extravaganza with minimal narration on my part. I know you come here for the pictures and not the quick witted, always entertaining commentary anyway. Let us begin...
While Grammy's trip out west did start off a little crazy...

there was a rainbow at the end of our path.

We eventually made it to beautiful Sedona. And when I say beautiful, I don't mean "oh how pretty" beautiful, I mean "HOLY CRAP IS THAT REAL?!?" beautiful. It really is just like the postcards.
Hailey made some friends that- much to her liking- didn't even try to talk, which is good cause that meant she never had to stop.

And although it was seriously chilly, we even hiked around a little.







Hailey was a tad bummed that we didn't do the whole trail, but it started to sprinkle, and 5 miles seemed a bit beyond what we could handle.

Having Mom here was awesome, and then terrible to have her leave. But soon after our good-byes and our welcome home to daddy, we headed to Idaho for Thanksgiving. We arrived on Saturday and on Sunday we had a mega snowfall. Monday, Hailey and Jona made a tiny snowman complete with raisin eyes and mini carrot nose.



Hailey, ever searching for her next career move, tackled the role of make-up artist leaving Jona and I lookin' good.



We had a great time hanging out with the family, and I was even able to capture the elusive Gabe shot.



There was plenty of Grandma snuggles,




and an absurd amount of Wii playing (man that thing is addictive!).

Our Turkey Day feast was divine...the food was great and so was the company!


Gorging ourselves was followed with the delicate task of constructing gingerbread houses. Jona, Hailey, and Matthew made the house...really Jona made the house while Hailey decorated and Matthew ate the candy :)



While Miranda, Hayden and I made the gingerbread train. There was icing everywhere and I do believe that Hayden's tongue might still be green!


As promised, we finished the trip with a girls day out for Hailey. Little Miss Princess got her first ever professional manicure that included flowers painted on four of her nails. She didn't use her hands properly for two days because she was so worried she would mess it up, and we JUST took the polish off three weeks later!



And now Christmas is upon us. As soon as we came home from Idaho, I worked two night shifts and then Jona left for a conference in Philly. Chaos. But we finally got our tree up last week and decorated it with all of the ornaments we have collected throughout the years...



adding our Arizona 2009 chili pepper Santa last.




So that sums it up. Lots going on, lots to come. We head to M-I-A-M-I on Tuesday and I CANNOT WAIT! Santa has been informed that he will need to find us at Grammy and Grampy's house and we will ALL- and I do mean all 23 members of the Perrin clan- spend Christmas day and night at Rick's in Boyton Beach. Should be crazy...and fabulous!!
Happy Holidays everybody...I'll blog again in 2010! XOXOXO

3 comments:

  1. I loved the update and photos.. See you soon in MIAMI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your life has been full of good things and there's more to come! Can't wait for your arrival and, as Malinda has said,"Your house looks like Santa threw up all over it!"Ever the tactful gal but I did take that as a compliment! Much love and fly safely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the $20 bribe, she's a clever girl, what can we say?

    Don't you love putting up all the ornaments, what a stroll down memory lane it is, should I buy you a UM ornament?

    I'm sad you were in Idaho and I didn't see you, its so close, yet so far.

    I always say Sedona is the kind of place that makes you want to write a song or a poem, even if you have no writing talent whatsoever.

    You look absolutely fabulous Leslie!

    Love to you all,
    Merry Christmas!

    Amanda Moore & family

    ReplyDelete